guix-devel

Re: Proposal to turn off AOT in clojure-build-system

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: Proposal to turn off AOT in clojure-build-system
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 21:13:19 -0500

Hi Maxime!

Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> writes:

>>> May I suggest to not make assumptions about what other people are familiar
>>> with or not? There is no point in claiming that others are less knowledge-
>>> able than you; they may know as much or even more than you
>>
>>Asking questions can avoid any such conclusions. It's my favorite
>>thing. Here, I might have asked: "Do you know about...?"
>
> OK. I don’t think I’ll do that.

Your sharp replies came off as harsh, which is unfortunate because you
seem to bring points of technical merits.  Please smooth out your
interactions/communication style, to ensure it remains pleasant for
everyone involved, taking these code of conduct items into account:

* Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
* Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences

--
Thanks,
Maxim