guix-devel

Re: A basic Shepherd bug?

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: A basic Shepherd bug?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 12:15:10 -0800

Hi Attila

On Sun, Dec 24 2023, Attila Lendvai wrote:

> you should follow the instructions in [1]; namely:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-12/msg00018.html
>
> together with "Installing development snapshots with Guix" in
> shepherd's README to add shepherd's channel.

I did so on a production system which I do not reboot often. Two days
ago, I reconfigured and saw a new Shepherd version being deployed. It
used up a lot of CPU cycles until I rebooted.

It makes sense that upgrading the Shepherd requires a reboot, but maybe
a warning somewhere would be appropriate, if possible. Maybe an email to
root?

Kind regards
Felix