guix-devel

Re: LUKS2 support in Guix

From: Fabio Natali
Subject: Re: LUKS2 support in Guix
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 12:45:06 +0000

On 2024-03-02, 10:41 +0300, Oleg Pykhalov <go.wigust@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also lost some time due to this incorrect statement.

Brilliant, thanks Felix and Oleg.

FWIW, micro-patch submitted here⁰.

Let's see what the patch reviewer thinks. I'm not terribly happy about
"downgrading" the manual's recommendation from LUKS2 to LUKS1, but if
LUKS2 is really not supported, then of course that needs to be reflected
in the docs.

Best wishes, Fabio.

⁰ Ticket 69507 on debbugs.gnu.org. I wanted to link to the relevant page
on https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2024-03/index.html
but it seem it's taking a while for the mail to pass moderation.

--
Fabio Natali
https://fabionatali.com