guix-devel

Re: doc: Removing much of Binary Installation

From: Suhail Singh
Subject: Re: doc: Removing much of Binary Installation
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 16:18:33 -0500

Suhail Singh <suhailsingh247@gmail.com> writes:

> FWIW, as an openSUSE Tumbleweed user, I believe Tumbleweed users who
> don't care if there is an easy way to uninstall Guix would be better
> served by using =guix-install.sh= as opposed to =zypper=.

Btw, for completeness, on Tumbleweed, the user needs to take some
additional steps to ensure that restoring a previous Tumbleweed snapshot
doesn't revert Guix state.  Unless I'm misremembering, these steps are
needed regardless of whether =zypper= or =guix-install.sh= was used to
install Guix.

--
Suhail