guix-devel

Patch review session tomorrow (Thursday 7th March)

From: Steve George
Subject: Patch review session tomorrow (Thursday 7th March)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 23:10:17 +0000

Hi,

A reminder that the first patch review session is happening tomorrow, Thursday
7th March.

Who knows how many people will be there, or what level of experience everyone
will have. We'll be learning what works as we try out these sessions.

Hopefully, Andreas Enge with his 'committer' hat on will be able to talk about
how he reviews patches. I'm hoping we'll have some other experienced developers
who will also be able to add their tips and tricks. If possible we'll break
into groups - or just one big group - and everyone will start learning and
doing reviews!

I've added a series of steps to do a review using plain CLI tools:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024

For those that use Emacs, there is information in the manual or please add to
the Wiki page.

You can register (on Meetup) through the Patch review page:

If you would just like to come along, it will be on this link:

https://meet.jit.si/london-guix-meetup

According to my current understanding of timezones it will be at:

18:00 UTC, 18:00 GMT (London), 19:00 CET (Paris), 13:00 EST (New York)

See you there!

Steve / Futurile