guix-devel

Re: How would you feel about this derivative logo for Nonguix?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: How would you feel about this derivative logo for Nonguix?
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:06:07 +0100

Luis Felipe <sirgazil@zoho.com> writes:

> https://gitlab.com/nonguix/nonguix/-/issues/317
>
> That page also mentions the reasoning behind the derivative logo.
>
> I don't see any issue if Nonguix uses such a logo (specially variant
> D2), but what do you think about it? They don't want to upset the GNU
> Guix community.

Variant D2 is my favourite.

I think it would be best to avoid the all-caps look, though, because
we're already losing the fight in correcting people who insist on
writing "GUIX" as if it was an acronym.  "RTOS GUIX" is the name of the
Microsoft thing.

Perhaps the tail could be a little curved towards the end?

--
Ricardo