guix-devel

Re: Mechanism for helping in multi-channels configuration

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Mechanism for helping in multi-channels configuration
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:44:51 +0000

> Although I concur with this need, I do not see how it would be help for
> detecting compatibility between channels. :-)

maybe i'm overthinking this, and all we need is a way to point to git commit
ranges that are compatible.

more specifically, i'm maintaining the guix-crypto channel, and i often miss
the ability to point to a guix commit, beyond which there is a change in guix
that my channel is not yet compatible with. if my users issue a `guix pull`,
then it would not pull the guix channel beyond that commit, and warn the users
that it's being held back.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39