guix-devel

Re: Handling expensive packages

From: Peter Polidoro
Subject: Re: Handling expensive packages
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:45:47 -0400

You can ignore or delete this patch if it is causing problems.

If I remember correctly, that was a patch I submitted a couple of years ago
when I was attempting to package some embedded software tools, either the
zephyr west tool or platformio, both written in python. That sent me down the
rabbit hole of dependency updates, the python-mock package being one of them.

I would still love to have both west and platformio packaged in guix. Perhaps
those exist now in Guix or another channel, I have not checked in a while. If
not, I will attempt to package them again at some point.

Thanks!