guix-devel

Google Summer of Code Inquiry

From: Sebastian Dümcke
Subject: Google Summer of Code Inquiry
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:47:34 +0200

Hello Zachary,

just wanted to chime in. Since last week I have some working code to generate AppImages with guix pack. I was planning on tidying this up for submission over the next weeks. There is still work to do regarding documentation, adding options specific to the AppImage format, building the AppImageKit runtime from source and a lot of testing.

However, I believe that the remaining effort is around 8-10 hours. I am happy to hand the code over to you to finish up and co-mentor (though this patch would be my first contribution to guix) if you think this is appropriate.

I do not wish to  discourage from contribtuting to the project, just hoping to avoid duplicated efforts

Best
Sebastian

PS: this is also my first message sent to a mailing list, hope it makes it through ok. Please point out any errors or breackes in netiquette