guix-devel

Change logs: usage of square brackets

From: Nigko Yerden
Subject: Change logs: usage of square brackets
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 11:10:14 +0500

Hello Guix!

I wonder what is the proper usage of square brackets in change logs. According to https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs square brackets are used for conditional changes, the name of the condition is specified inside '[ ]'. However looking over the commit history I mostly see another usage of '[ ]' for specifying the name of a record field which content is being changed.

Is it fine to use the name of a record field inside square brackets for changes that are only affected if the content of the record field is #t, like in https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70341#2 ?

Best Regards,
Nigko Yerden