guix-europe

Re: General Assembly: 10th June; minutes of 26th May

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: General Assembly: 10th June; minutes of 26th May
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 17:37:25 +0200

Hello,

Am Mon, May 29, 2023 at 04:52:46PM +0200 schrieb Simon Tournier:
> Because the Assembly did not reach the quorum, you are invited to the
> next Assembly on June, 10th –  as specificity by our statutes.
> The point #5 of the agenda:
>     5. Name change: Guix Europe -> Guix Foundation
> had not been voted and thus it will be at the next Assembly on June 10th.

just a quick reminder; the "place" is the same as last time:
      https://blabla.aquilenet.fr/b/and-uau-pdi-cuw

> You are welcome to discuss this rename on the guix-europe mailing list.
> Here some other proposals for the rename:

Of all the names, I am still most convinced by "Guix Foundation"...
But we wondered whether this would pose problems with the French
administration, since we are not a "fondation" in the legal sense.
So it might be a good idea to have a back-up name just in case
"Guix Foundation" gets rejected by the administration.

>       * Guix Undelimited

This is the most fun one without being ridiculous :)

We also had "Go Guix!", I think, which I like, although it may be
a bit ridiculous...

Andreas