guix-europe

Re: Guix Foundation website

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: Guix Foundation website
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:51:19 +0000

Hi Andreas, everyone,

On Sunday, September 17th, 2023 at 10:39, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> the name change was acted at our last general assembly, and I have just
> updated the website:
> http://foundation.guix.info/
> Some older pages still use "Guix Europe", and so do our statutes; I did
> not want to rewrite history either.
>

> Now everything CSS is up for bikeshedding: I kept the pale orange from
> another project of mine, so it has no reason to stay, and there is no logo.
>

> A while ago Luis Felipe (in cc) made a logo proposal, which we discussed
> a little bit. If you are still willing to work on it, I will let you have
> the stage!

:)

I'd still like to give it a try when I have more free time (possibly next
month). Although I read from the minutes that there is still the possibility
for the name "Guix Foundation" to be rejected by the French administration, in
which case the name "Guix Together" would be used
(http://foundation.guix.info/minutes/ga-20230610.txt). So I'm inclined to wait
until the uncertainty is resolved, because both names make my brain picture
different graphics.

By the way, where can I find the source of the foundation's website? I might be
able to contribute if I get even more free time.

Cheers,