guix-europe

Re: Feedback (was Re: Meet Guix at Capitole du Libre in Toulouse)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Feedback (was Re: Meet Guix at Capitole du Libre in Toulouse)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 16:13:32 +0100

Hello,

Am Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 05:01:12PM +0100 schrieb Simon Tournier:
>     Guix on foreign distro:
>       a) do not interact with foreign distro
>           => good complement and rolling release
>       b) containerized  shell
>           => please developers

and also "roll-back", although it is more important for keeping a
bootable system.

>  2. An explanation about what makes Guix different compared to X
>     where X is:
>     ii) Nix and NixOS
> Sadly, we do not have a clear story for ii) IMHO.

I would say "free software only" and "quality" (I am still traumatised
by Nix "packaging" texlive through wrapping binary Debian packages).
Plus what you mention about the unified programming language throughout.

Andreas