guix-science

Re: Workflows with SciPipe

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Workflows with SciPipe
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:28:14 +0200

Hi everyone,

> Le 20 juil. 2020 à 15:38, Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr>
>
> SciPipe is implemented as a Go library.  Although the article mentions
> reproducibility, SciPipe seems to not take care of software deployment.

It doesn’t. But since it should be easy to package in Guix... no problem! ;-)

Some background information: SciPipe is part of the thesis work of Samuel
Lampa. I happened to be a member of his PhD jury, and in the end I invited him
to write this paper for the “Scientific Programming” department of CiSE.

If anyone here has some nice use of Guix to share, you are more than welcome to
contribute an article for that department as well!

Cheers,
  Konrad