gwl-devel

Re: Managing data files in workflows

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Managing data files in workflows
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 15:27:13 +0200

Hi Konrad,

> Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> writes:
>
>> In my test case this file exists:
>>

>> /tmp/gwl/lf6uca7zcyyldkcrxn3zwc275ax3ip676aqgjo75ybwojtl4emoq/data/weekly-incidence.csv
>
> And that's the one that causes the error message for me when I run the
> workflow a second time (see below). But as I understand now, the mistake
> happens earlier, as this step shouldn't be executed at all.
>
>> At least that happens in my case.  I wonder why it doesn’t work in your
>> case.
>
> Is there anything I can do to debug this?

Maybe.  You could run with “--dry-run” to see what GWL claims it would
do to confirm that it considers the file to be “not cached”.

Also enable more log events (in particular cache events) with

“--log-events=error,info,execute,cache,debug”

The backtrace makes it seem that caching the downloaded file fails.
That’s surprising, because (@ (gwl cache) cache!) will delete an
existing file in the cache before linking a file to the cache prefix.

--
Ricardo