gwm-general

[Gwm-general] entertainer deterrence

From: Hatty Cole
Subject: [Gwm-general] entertainer deterrence
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:48:41 -0400

With every year, in these times, it was more difficult todo what you said you would.
Id had it out to polish only a quarter of an hour before.
Drawn up a report that nobody would look at!
No, said Soames; no Trade Unionism then, to speak of.
They were taking it almost as soberly as they had taken thestrike itself. Beneath that top-dressing of speed,modernity was old.
He could not decide whether or no thismarked an advance.
Blythes continualremark: What the bee aitch are they all about? The car stopped, and the young lady extended her hand to Soames.
And, disconcerted by anoutburst that was bound to lead to something, he averted his eyes.
His mothers youngest brother, Hilary Charwell, Vicar ofSt. Drawn up a report that nobody would look at! Munching a biscuit, he drank a glass of sherry,and walked over to the House of Commons. Perhaps they would re-discover that some day. It, too, was moving in the direction of GreenStreet.
Dyou remember, in America, up at MountVernon, when I was taken ill?
With every year, in these times, it was more difficult todo what you said you would. I dont see why an American should worry herself. That reminds me, Michael; when are you coming round to see us? In Francis Wilmotshistory of England the gap accounted for the rest. When they brought in State Education, forinstance, they had thought the question settled.
And, withoutlooking at her cousin, she said:I saw Jon in there. But everybodyran down England, because she didnt slop over, or blow her owntrumpet. It was to be hoped they wouldnt wake thebaby!
He would like to see one of those greatthings! And beyondthe ironic sympathy on Hollys face she seemed to see Jons smile. Ever heard any moreof that red-haired young woman?
That and the fixed nature of ideas in England. Well, Mother must put up with it, I cantdo anything.
Yes, she preferred the old smooth Irish linen tothat new rough French grass-bleached stuff. Well, said Soames, you know your own business best. Glad, sorry, ashamed, resentful, relieved?
Sitting back, with his legs stretchedout, he had qualms. It had been great sport, but his hands and armsfelt wrenched. Too bad to play at shuttlecock with them! That reminds me, Michael; when are you coming round to see us? A special was escorting a lame man across thestreet.
What was the use of having judgment, if anybody couldcome along and pocket the results! Theres thatfellow I employed in the Ferrar case.