gzochi-devel

Re: [gzochi-devel] Bug: configuration of gzochi presumes installed gzoch

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: [gzochi-devel] Bug: configuration of gzochi presumes installed gzochi
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:06:28 -0500

Hey Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to try out gzochi!

> You've got a bit of a circular dependency in gzochi.
> [...]
> Which means that configure won't complete cleanly unless
> the gzochi has already been installed.

Yeah, I need to add some build machinery to make it so that the
debugging client (and the other clients, like the ones in the example
games) can link against a compiled but uninstalled version of the
client library. (Maybe something like what Guile does with the "meta"
directory.) Do you know if the GNU Autotools provide any support for
doing this?

I might delete that particular sub-project (debug-client), though,
because the debugging features I added in the second release are much
more powerful than anything you can do with the debugging client.

Let me know if you have any other questions or ideas!

Regards,
Julian