gzochi-devel

Re: [gzochi-devel] Missing files on gzochi-0.3

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: [gzochi-devel] Missing files on gzochi-0.3
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 00:26:48 -0400

Hi Sharon,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Sharon Moran <address@hidden> wrote:

Adding GNU dbm and GNU Serveez sources resolved the issues.  Thanks for your prompt reply.

Glad to hear it!

I would like to add two more issues that we resolved:

1.        Curses.h was missing.   We added ncurses-devel to resolve that issue.    The top level ./configure didn’t catch that one.

I'm enhancing some of the checks that the Autoconf scripts use for stuff like the above, and a missing Ncurses should now trigger a build failure as well.

2.       On running the top level configure script, it will fail because it looks for a dependency on itself.   To fix this issue, we added /opt/gzochi-0.3/gzochi-client/meta to our PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'll look into that.

And finally, we are having an issue with the linking of the abermud example.  It cannot find –lgzochi

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out what to do about that. One thing you might try is doing:

  sudo make install

in the gzochi-client/ directory before building the examples, in order to ensure libgzochi gets copied to the right place. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Regards,
Julian