halevt-dev

Re: [Halevt-dev] Exec issue

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Halevt-dev] Exec issue
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:30:41 +0200

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 08:51:10PM +0200, Quentin Denis wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I just tested halevt on my openSUSE box and I get a severe issue. I don't
> know
> if it is a bug or a misconfiguration, but halevt will exec my command
> everytime any function key is pressed. This means that my "wlan" key is not
> recognized correctly since I get the same reaction to my "mute" or any other
> multimedia key.
>
> I just want to have my "wlan" keycode mapped to execute an application. My
> config file is attached to this email.

What version of halevt are you using? Match on Halevt:Condition appeared
in 0.1.5.

Also maybe hal is not passing the information. You can start
 lshal -m
before you push the button.

Another possibility is that halevt doesn't see the even. It may be checked
by starting
 halevt -i
before pushing the button.

--