health-dev

[Health-dev] [task #16409] Add ICD-10 or ICD-11 parent to disease_catego

From: Feng Shu
Subject: [Health-dev] [task #16409] Add ICD-10 or ICD-11 parent to disease_categories
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 08:24:24 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, task #16409 (project health):

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> Hi, Feng
>
> In most cases, we would use a single coding system for each category
(diagnosis, procedures...). Mixing coding systems is not a good idea,
generally.

Yes, Mixing coding systems is not a good idea, even the root cause of many
pain, but in my opinion, in the long run, it is inevitable unless the
integrity of historical data is not taken into account

> In the case of ICD11, I agree we can have, when it applies, the ICD10
equivalent. Best for that is to create a dictionary as datafile.

Do it mean a dictary of  'icd10 code'-> 'icd11 code' ?

> Enjoy the weekend!

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16409>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/