help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: 3DLDF errors

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: 3DLDF errors
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:31:33 +0100 (MET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:31:49 +0100 (MET)
From: Laurence Finston <address@hidden>
To: Martijn van Manen

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, Martijn van Manen wrote:

> If I walk in to segmentation faults, due to apperently
> illegal syntax, do you want to know about it?

Yes.  Do you know how to use GDB (the GNU debugger), or
another one?  If so, then you can localize
the problem yourself.  If you start submitting patches, then
we've got to finish the copyright assignment.

> For instance I typed
>
> p[4]:=(p[0] + p[1] + p[2] + p[3])/4 ;

I don't have time to work on this now [...]

For the present, this works:

point p[];

p0 := p1 := p2 := p3 := (1, 2, 3);

p4 := p0 + p1 + p2 + p3;

p4 /= 4;

message "p4:";
show p4;

You don't need the square braces for integer subscripts;  you can just
type `p4', `p0', etc.  This applies to MF/MP, too.

> and I got a segmentation fault.

Sorry, it happens.

Laurence