help-3dldf

[help-3dldf] Re: The compilling of 3DLDF failed on Debian Sid.

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [help-3dldf] Re: The compilling of 3DLDF failed on Debian Sid.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:39:40 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Hongyi Zhao wrote:

The functions `Compare_Angles::operator()' and
`Compare_Points::operator()' are never called, so you could safely comment
them out.  You should do this using `#if 0' and `#endif'.  You'll have to
comment the declarations and the definitions separately, since they cannot
cross the boundaries of the CWEB sections, e.g.,

@<Declare |Compare_Angle| functions@>=

#if 0
Compare_Angles(const Point* org = 0,
               const Point* ax = 0);
#endif

@q ***** (5) Definition.@>
@
@<Define comparison class functions@>=

#if 0
Compare_Angles::Compare_Angles(const Point* org,
                               const Point* ax)
{

    if (org)
       origin = *org;
    else
       origin.set(0, 0, 0);

    if (ax)
       axis = *ax;
    else
       axis.set(1, 0, 0);

    axis -= origin;

}
#endif

Not my preferred solution, but if it's a matter of getting it to compile
at all, it's worth trying.  I don't know of any reason why the compiler
would fail because these operators are |const| functions, nor why it would
fail because of redundancy.  If we can't get rid of the problem, I'll have
to ask on the GCC mailing list or newsgroup.

Laurence