Re: [Help-bash] trouble using &

From: frank ernest
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] trouble using &
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 19:56:57 +0200

> The problem is not caused by systemd. I tested jessie Debian which use
> systemd and, "play" (of sox) and "mocp" (of moc), work fine.
> The sound does not stop when I switch from X to a linux console and when
> I "startx" again the sound always works. (I don't use ligthdm)
> (On some forum all the problems are attributed to systemd ...)

It sounds to me like you killed X (or maybe it never was active) and then you
started it after starting play. Then again, maybe you tried both, it's not
clear to me.
Not that I was planning on it, but if you'd like, I am willing to keep trouble
shooting for all eternity, a bug like this needs hunted, but I'm not skilled
enough to understand the audio subsystem, meaning alsa and the like, nor the
policy/security measures that exist, to discover the cause. I'll need hints.
Any volenteers?