Re: does formatting matter

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: does formatting matter
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 08:51:16 -0500

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 03:57:08PM +0100, NBaH wrote:
> we are wondering if `type' and `declare -f' show the
> way code is interpreted.

... huh?

> what is the reason for these commands to show code this way
> > if test "anything"; then
> rather than
> > if test "anything"
> > then

Because more programmers prefer the first way over the second.  Or
perhaps because Chet Ramey prefers the first way.

In any case, you are free to write your own scripts however you see
fit.  You don't need to worry about how other people choose to
format their code, or how various automated tools choose to reformat
a block of code.