Re: source code foraspecific comand

From: Eduardo Bustamante
Subject: Re: source code foraspecific comand
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 16:41:00 -0700

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 2:27 PM ALEXISSAMPAIOKOKORELIS via <
help-bash@gnu.org> wrote:

> hey there,
>
> question
> Im here given I was interested in knowing if there is any command that
> translates a specific command and its arguments to the source code it
> utilizes through the loopsand if statements, so it can be implemented
> natively in C or another language.

Hi,

The type of functionality that you're asking for does not exist in Bash.
Bash is an interpreter, which means that it'll read the source code (i.e. a
command and its arguments) and it'll execute that itself by issuing the
corresponding system calls (fork, exec, ...).  It currently does not
provide a way to transpile from Bash code to a different language.