Re: Scroll Lock not working as expected

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: Scroll Lock not working as expected
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 07:48:21 -0500

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 12:50:14AM +0100, Jonas Nicolaisen wrote:
>    I'm running bash 5.0.17(1)-release under Ubuntu 20.04 in a virtual
>    terminal.
>
>    The "Scroll Lock" key is not working as expected.

The behavior of special keys like Scroll Lock is determined by your
operating environment (X11/Wayland, or Linux console, and your choice
of terminal emulator).  Bash has nothing to do with it.

>    1) Scrolling output is halted

Make sure XOFF/XON ("software flow control") is enabled in your terminal
driver, and then make sure your terminal emulator is configured to send
the XOFF or XON byte when Scroll Lock is pressed.

Again, bash has nothing to do with it.