Re: Difference of packets sent via /dev/tcp to chromedriver and httpbin

From: Leonid Isaev (ifax)
Subject: Re: Difference of packets sent via /dev/tcp to chromedriver and httpbin
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 20:53:36 +0000

On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 09:41:34AM -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
> So the ignore is at the TCP level but not at the HTTP level (as the
> response header prints "Connection: close")?

I don't think there is any inconsistency: the server doesn't act upon your
"Connection: close". It doesn't matter what it sends in the application layer
(as an extreme example, you can write a simple echo-server that prints back
your requests, without even parsing them). You should probably ask this
question to whoever wrote chromedriver...

> So the inconsistency between TCP and HTTP is not correct according to
> some official standard? Or it is OK to have inconsistency in between?

I don't know standards well enough to answer that... Perhaps someone else can
shed light on this.

Sincerely,

--
Leonid Isaev