grub rescue>

From: Gunnar Gervin
Subject: grub rescue>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 15:06:18 +0300

Hi.
I did some unsuccessful partitioning with Gparted when I tried install
Debian newest version for i386 32 bit mac
Problems cos I seem to have 1/2 installed it. The only response in grub
rescue>
(standard version of Grub rescue, through press & hold Option button on
start-up:
ls
which gave
(hd0,gpt1) (hd0,gpt2) (hd0,gpt3) (hd0,gpt4) (hd0,gpt5) (hd0,gpt6) (hd0,gpt7)
When I tried ls on the different gpt1,2,3,4,5,6 & (hd0,gpt7), I found this
info only:
Gpt1, 5 & 7 are all "unknown"
Gpt2, 3, 4 and 6 are all "ext2"
No other information was found.
All other commands tried gave "no such command" answer.
Not sure if Bash is correct to use in Grub Rescue, but I know it must be
exactly
accurate with correct / and so on to be recognized in Debian(& more so in
G.R).
& that Grub Rescue probably needs a 'path' cos won't have access to
Admin(?).
If F12 is pressed before Power/start-up button, different non-functional
options come up, and Grub Rescue "Crisis/Noed-modus" w/Busybox
preinstalled, but possible a different version than what Youtube (Ubuntu,
Kali, etc) shows, embedded systems, & the Busybox PDF manual(for me at
least). =Confusion..

Please give the installation advice (from dvd w/Debian i386 mac 32bit
(2021)),
w/exact procedures, based on (close as possible to) 0 knowledge about Bash.

BR,
Gunnar Erik Gervin