Re: Colouring commands on terminal to be green

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: Colouring commands on terminal to be green
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 14:01:04 -0400

On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 07:55:33PM +0200, lisa-asket@perso.be wrote:
> Yes, I figured out 39m before your message.   256 colours became important
> for accessibility
>
> based on colour contrast.  This is important for command terminal because of
> its intensive use
>
> by users.

If accessibility is the primary concern, the number of colors should be
reduced as far as possible.  Black and white.

Here is my PS1:

\h:\w\$

There's a space at the end.  Yes, that's the whole thing.  All that rainbow
vomit crap that seems to be fashionable just gets in my way, and is ugly
as hell.  And then you also have to worry about whether your terminal has
a white background or a black background, and try to choose colors that
look good on both... it's a lot of work for results that ultimately suck.