Re: plz help with tcpserver

From: Alex fxmbsw7 Ratchev
Subject: Re: plz help with tcpserver
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 21:44:26 +0200

so, without the break, because of time and clearness

tcpserver by djb, cr.yp.to
gawk yea.. i try specifically \n\n as rs there cause i need it in my bhttpd
projrct, that obviously serves http, where \n\n mark http part end

weird i had it going already, before also discovering another gawk bug

so, tcpserver starts simple gawk, that should print after recieving 2 \ns 1
\n
needed parsed around like this by http spec, HTTP/0.1

term 1
tcpserver 0 2000 strace -f gawk -v RS=\\n\\n 1 &

strace for seeing weirdness
then
term 2, no printf or pipe, non eof input
cause, http clients dont end conn after printing req headers
( nc 0 2000 to connect via netcat .org or so telnet client to localhost
port 2000 )

nc 0 2000

then see strace began to show, read(

then enter newlines some, it never prints, till control-c of nc
and result, the printed input, wont ever be recieved

.. i mailed misc@list.cr.yp.to couldnt find better address and the gawl
folks are of previous similiar bug also informed