Irregularities when using -v, -z, -n

From: eduardo-chibas
Subject: Irregularities when using -v, -z, -n
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 23:18:10 +0200

> Sent: Friday, July 30, 2021 at 7:30 AM
> From: "Lawrence Velázquez" <vq@larryv.me>
> To: eduardo-chibas@caramail.com
> Cc: help-bash@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Irregularities when using -v, -z, -n
>
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2021, at 10:29 AM, eduardo-chibas@caramail.com wrote:
> > One of the problems is the many functionalities available.  One is able
> > to perform things in multiple ways, but one figures out the limitations
> > once you try more complicated things.
>
> Or if one chooses to actually pay attention to the people they are
> ostensibly asking for help.
>
> > As you have outlined, history is
> > the culprit of many problems, particularly when changes to old stardards
> > remain static, rather than improved to the situations that are arising
> > today.  For instance, the requirement for quoting resulted in a bad deal
> > for all of us, but because they were incorporated in posix standards,
> > it will require enormous effort to go beyond them in future.
>
> https://eev.ee/blog/2011/04/17/architectural-fallacies/#the-scarlet-programmer
>
> > > I thought they had learned this already under the lisa-asket persona,
> > > but I couldn't find the specific message.  There were far too many
> > > to comb through.
> >
> > Seems you will continue with your bullshit instead of not responding.
> > We all are able to make bullshit personas than we'll ever admit.
> > Is it wrong?
>
> Yes, in your case, because it is intentionally deceptive.

No it's not wrong.  But you don't like it.  That's all it is.

> > And suppose they are actual people with that name, what
> > difference in you does it make knowing that?
>
> We are not context-free question-answering robots.

Overthinking is why people struggle to put brakes on their thought process
in the western world.  It could also be that you have been deeply affected by
the
conceptual framework and formal models of some well known companies building
surveillance systems focused on finding identities.  Have you worked or
currently working with such companies?