Duration between two time stamps

From: hancooper
Subject: Duration between two time stamps
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 12:03:55 +0000

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, August 19, 2021 11:48 AM, Koichi Murase <myoga.murase@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2021年8月19日(木) 20:40 hancooper via help-bash@gnu.org:
>
> > [...]
> > As I had GNU bash, version 4.4, I have just installed
> > GNU bash, version 5.1.8(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

> > The problem is that the following is not getting me any output
> > echo "$EPOCHREALTIME"
>
> I recommend you rechecking that you are using the newly installed Bash
> 5.1 for sure. You could print $BASH_VERSION at the same time. Where is
> the location of the new Bash? For example, if the shebang (i.e., the
> first line) of the script is « #!/bin/bash » and the new Bash is
> installed on a different path, the script file will continue to be
> executed by the older Bash. You need to add the path of the new Bash
> in PATH environment variable and update the shebang as «
> #!/usr/bin/env bash » or directly specify the path of the new Bash as
> « #!/path/to/new/bash ».

You are correct because whet I do `echo $BASH_VERSION` I get
`4.4.20(1)-release`.
Have installed using the usual `./configure, make, make install`.

Doing `bash --version` I get

bash --version
GNU bash, version 5.1.8(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)

Furthermore

$ which bash
/usr/local/bin/bash

$ /usr/local/bin/bash --version
GNU bash, version 5.1.8(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)