Internet diagnosing

From: Julius Hamilton
Subject: Internet diagnosing
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2021 16:55:36 +0200

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew a similar user email group like this one for
questions related to internet connectivity.

My question is about there being some relationship between certain WiFi
networks I use and my machine's inability to access the internet in some
ways. For example, on one WiFi network, Google works fine in a browser, but
Stack Overflow returns "This site can’t be reached; https://superuser.com/
is unreachable.
ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE". On another, I can use my Android browser
normally, but nothing through Andronix (Android Linux).

So I am curious where in the process the issue is, probably the WiFi
network's settings? But, what kinds of settings are there? What would it be
checking for to block Andronix, for example, or Stack Overflow?

These are private networks so no one is blocking specific categories of
sites, for example. The reason seems to be something more technical and
accidental.

Thank you,
Julius