Re: Bash Shell Parameter Expansion

From: Kusalananda Kähäri
Subject: Re: Bash Shell Parameter Expansion
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 20:52:18 +0200

On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 04:14:03PM +0000, tolugboji wrote:

> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

[cut]

It's not because of the protonmail address, although I'd agree that
it's a red flag.  It's the fact that you don't seem to learn.  You
don't change the way you ask, and you quite obviously don't learn
from the long, long threads of replies to your questions.  Since the
beginning of the year, I have seen your messages across at least three
different sites and mailing lists, just from casually being part of
those communities.  You are one of the most prolific and polymorphic
help vampires I have seen.

You're using I don't know how many identities to avoid detection (which
constitute a breach of community guidelines on at least one of the sites
you frequent).  Even so, it's easy to spot you because your questions,
as Greg pointed out earlier in the year, are usually lacking adequate
context, are often vague, and are not aimed at learning but rather to
have others correct your code without changing your awkward ways of
using the language (like that thing with optional option-arguments, or
parsing strings as arrays or whatever you wanted to do).  Every single
new question also generate lengthy and futile threads in which you morph
the original question this way and that to try to snake out of doing
things properly.

And when you are called out, you revert to name calling and outright
trolling.

I wish I had any good suggestions for what you could do, because you
so obviously need assistance with your coding, assuming that you are
actually trying to create something.  As a manager, I would put you on a
course or get you to do your own studying in one way or another, or just
simply get you to have more people on your team to work with.  Or move
you to some other project or task.  Because what you're currently doing
is outsourcing development to random people on the Internet, people that
can't see the whole project, which ultimately means you'll end up with
possibly well built components, each written in a different style and
hopelessly unmaintainable as a whole.

But then again, that's the help vampire's way of getting things done.

.