Re: quesion about bash -x

From: Kerin Millar
Subject: Re: quesion about bash -x
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 07:32:53 +0100

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 11:02:28 +0800
"张俊" via <help-bash@gnu.org> wrote:

> hello!
>
> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; can you tell me how to realize bash -x
> function ?&nbsp; &nbsp;i cannot find any help infomation about it in
> userguide. can you tell me where realize it in&nbsp; bash source?
> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Sincerely&nbsp;&nbsp;,I look forward to
> hearing from you !.

To begin with, the bash man page mentions that "all of the single-character
shell options documented in the description of the set builtin command,
including -o, can be used as options when the shell is invoked". So, that
includes -x, and its behaviour is metioned by the section that describes the
set builtin. See, also, `help set` and
https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/The-Set-Builtin.html. To
find out where it is implemented in the source code, `grep -rin xtrace` might
be useful.

--
Kerin Millar