Re: Need bash glob to be expanded and keep it ready in the readline

From: Dennis Williamson
Subject: Re: Need bash glob to be expanded and keep it ready in the readline
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 04:48:52 -0500

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021, 1:36 AM Budi <budikusasi@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can bash glob star is expanded and keep the cursor ready on the
> readline so that keep current command from being executed

Use the readline function glob-expand-word. On my system it's bound to
Ctrl-x-* ("\C-x*")

bind -p | grep glob

will show you how it's bound - plus a couple others. As an example, if you
type

echo *

then press the key combination, the asterisk will be replaced by a list of
all the files in the current directory.