Re: Doc on simple command expansion

From: Glen Huang
Subject: Re: Doc on simple command expansion
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:42:12 +0800

@ Greg

@Chet
> Your selective quoting applies to the case where there is no command
> word (like `echo') and the simple command consists only of assignment
> statements.

That full stop before the quote slightly threw me off. Thanks for the
explanation, now it makes much more sense.

I'm still wondering if it's possible to make bash exit at "false" in
echo $(false)? Simple "set -e" doesn't seem to cut it. Is assigning
$(false) to a variable first the only option?

Regards,
Glen