Re: bison algortihmn?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: bison algortihmn?
Date: 15 Jan 2001 14:35:33 +0100

| Hi, is the bison algorithm (the tables) descriped somewhere?

Any good book on compilers.  Look for LALR(1).

| I really find it very, very difficult on my way trying to understand that
| stuff :-/
|
| some other questions that hit me right now...
| what is a "bucket"? (the struct)

No idea.

| what is a "lhs"?

Left hand side of a rule, e.g.,

exp: NUM '+' NUM

exp is the lhs, and NUM '+' NUM the rhs.

| what is a '%nterm' declaration good for?

Read the source, complete the documentation, and send the patches :)

| where do I once again find the latest dev snapshot?

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/cvs

| Well okay that was it for the first time :o) For the rest I'm not already
| even able to forumalate questions :o)

Anyway, nobody here will have time to answer them.  First post
answers, we'll formulate the question later :)