Re: Output Parser for Bison

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Output Parser for Bison
Date: 24 Jan 2001 20:25:23 +0100

Please, don't mail nor post in HTML.

CJ> 1. I would like to get information about how the output Parser for
CJ> Bison works. I mean (every variable, every line in the code).

RTFC.

Read The Fucking Code :)

CJ> I have information how  the LALR parser works.

Read books.

May I ask you *why* you want to know?  It's a fairly common question,
and I'm starting to wonder whether some teacher are giving this as an
assignment.

CJ> 2. Also i like to know how are the tables are packed in the
CJ> Parser.

RTFC.

CJ> I know they use the table packing technique proposed by Ziegler
CJ> but i haven't such algorithm

I just have no idea what algo is implemented in Bison.  Bison was
developed years ago by people who are no longer in touch with it.