Input Data Stream Uprgaded Grammar

From: Vladimir Rykov
Subject: Input Data Stream Uprgaded Grammar
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:12:44 +0300

Hello to everyone!

I met a problem that seems unresolvable for me - surely - there are people more Bison-BNF-experienced then me..

I use simple GNU Bison/Flex/GCC package for Windows to make and upgrade my converter of Math expressions.

My problem and question to you is:

Is it possible to upgrade the compiled (binary) Bison-made Grammar from the input data stream?

Here is an example;

a*b+c     - ordinary data

(I want to define new operation):

DEFINE ** AS n**2 = n*n    - or by any other means

(Then I use this new operation in my input stream)

d + f ** 2

So - may I define new operation (let it be "square" - **) using properly keywords and other tools and so to upgrade my inner grammar?

Vladimir Rykov, PhD in Computational Linguistics,          Personal web-site: http://rykov.narod.ru/
MOCKBA, Linguistic Institute of RAS                              English version: http://www.blkbox.com/~gigawatt/rykov.html