RE: bison puts too many tokens in the semantic value

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: RE: bison puts too many tokens in the semantic value
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 10:23:54 +0100

>Is there any way to get around this problem? I thought it was possible to
>access tokens in the middle of a rule from an action at the end.

Yes -- to write correct code. :-) Flex was designed that way. It does not
have anything with Bison to do:

Bison only cares about the token codes, and does nothing with the token
values except copying it from time to time. If your token value is a
pointer into a buffer which changes values, then the dereferenced token
value will change, clearly.