Re: [Fwd: question about error handling]

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: [Fwd: question about error handling]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:43:08 +0200

At 11:13 -0400 2001/06/07, ashish sehgal wrote:
>When the bison generated parser encounters an error in the input
>expression and there is no error recovery grammar then the forrest of
>linked up structures that may have been created as part of parsing need
>to be cleaned up else every wrong input stream causes this memory to be
>allocated and not get deleted at all when the parser is working as part
>of another thread.

Have you run out of punctuation marks at your company? -- They surely help
the parsing. :-)

But sure, if you can't take memory leaks, then garbage must somehow be
collected.

>Is there some standard functionality available to do some cleanup
>associated with the values associated with bison's internal stack ?? for
>instance something that lets you iterate over all the
>values in the stack and delete them.

I use C++ which does that cleanup automatically (if all used memory
management is wrapped up in automatic objects). So I do not know.

But I am not GNU, just a reader of this list. -- Perhaps somebody else can
give a better answer.