Re: problem compiling bison with gcc 3.0.5

From: Martin Trautmann
Subject: Re: problem compiling bison with gcc 3.0.5
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:39:16 +0100

Hi,

Martin Trautmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile bison with gcc 3.0.5 and got a version that crashes
> by outputting the conflict messages. The output looks funny:
> parser.yy contains Segentation fault
>
> The debugger told that the problem is in a ngettest method call. May be
> there is a problem with the new libraries of gcc3.

The problem is really the ngettext method. I made a simple work around.
Can you contact GCC about that problem? It is absolutely no problem to
reproduce the bug.

bye

Martin

BTW: if anyone likes to answer me some basic questions
+ Why can't I %expect reduce/reduce conflicts?
+ Why can't such a conflict be avoided with %prec precedences?
+ Are there any real C++ versions of bison?
   This would be nice:
   * the whole parser in a class
   * passing some objects to the yyparse() function