Re: Parser called from lexer

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Parser called from lexer
Date: 19 Jun 2002 21:44:37 +0200

JACOB> I agree that we should have a common extension for skeletons
JACOB> and .bison seems like a good choice. In naming it bison.async I
JACOB> was just sticking to the naming convention in bison 1.35.

Thanks, but we already have chosen our convention, and in this cse, it
would have been async.c.

Anyway, your contribution is wrt 1.35 which is completely dead: the
techniques we use now are completely different: we cannot use your
skeleton.  And we do plan to a push parser in a near future, but this
will be from bison.simple itself, which saves us from having to
maintain two different trees.

Thanks a lot anyway: your proposal (and another one we received maybe
a couple of weeks ago) provide good insight on how this issue should
be addressed.  Your work will sure be a nice guideline to follow.