Java & Bison.

From: Thomas Troeger
Subject: Java & Bison.
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:46:28 +0200

Hello,

I'm in need of a CC that produces Java code, and I don't want to use
JavaCC since it creates LL(k) parsers ( ;-/ ). I've searched the net
for such programs, and found CUP,jay and antlr. I didn't like those
much (I'm used too much to bison), but I could find a patch for
bison-1.27 that adds this functionality (unfortunately, without any
documentation).

My question, is bison going to have support for other languages (like
java), or is that only some inofficial patch from someone who wanted
it to produce java? Where to get an actual version of bison? The
offical site offers bison-1.35, but from what google returned, there
must be at least a 1.49a Version already (which maybe support Java
construction out ot box); I couldn't find any place for a download,
tho.

Please enlighten me :-)

--tst

--