version 1.49a and alpha.gnu.org

From: Jonathon Duerig
Subject: version 1.49a and alpha.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:12:40 -0600

Today I logged onto alpha.gnu.org in order to download the latest bison
snapshot. However, there was no file at the /gnu/bison/* location. There
wasn't even a /bison/ directory. Is there some alternate archive where the
snapshots are moved too once they become old enough? Is there something else
that I am doing wrong?

Also, I've been reading through the source that I have (alas, still 1.35).
I'm trying to understand more about how bison works. Occasionally I find
parts that are less than crystal clear (The purpose of the F() function for
instance). Does anyone know of some kind of commentary or other
documentation that is geared towards helping somebody understand the source
code?

-D