yytoknum and YYPRINT

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: yytoknum and YYPRINT
Date: 15 Nov 2002 11:54:43 +0100

Is yytoknum intended to be available to the user?
It's just that we had a function in most our .y files that
returned a given token's name (for use in internal tracing etc).
Using yytoknum and yytname for this worked quite nicely.

But now yytoknum's visibility depends on YYPRINT being defined;
this seems to make little sense to me, as YYPRINT deals with
the ability to print extra semantic info about a token (of which
the name has already been shown), while yytoknum deals mainly
with locating the proper index in yytname for a given token
(I think).

Also, the bison manual's example for a YYPRINT function displays
values with leading spaces; given that YYPRINT's output is
enclosed in parens, I don't think a leading space is very
appropriate.

--
Tim Van Holder <address@hidden>
Anubex