How to discard data in scanner?

From: Jibin Han
Subject: How to discard data in scanner?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 00:39:59 -0700

Hi,
    The data file I am parsing is kind of this format,
        name = <value>, <property1>=val1>,<property2>=<val2>
    In the scanner file, I set some start states, for example, if I read "name
=",
then I begin a state, <NAME>, then when I read coma, I begin state PROPERTY1,
and
so on.
    So the coma here is the symbol to change the state. And the rule is like,
        <NAME>,       { BEGIN(PROPERTY1); }
        <VALUE1>,       { BEGIN(PROPERTY2); }
    then when I run the parser, everything is OK, but I see many coma print out,
it seems I should do something with the coma, but I really do not want to pass
coma to parser. My question is is there any easy way to discard the coma?

Thanks.