Re: Understanding the tests

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: Understanding the tests
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 20:40:01 +0100

[Please reply to the bison list, not a specific poster]

> I followed your suggestion and 'make' replied that there was
> nothing to
> be done.  The tests still reference v1.28 which is in /usr/local/bin.
> Is it necessary to INSTALL before doing these tests?  That
> does not seem
> right?
>
> FWIW, I've attached the new logfile.

Ah - I see - it has nothing to do with bison not being built:

PATH: /Users/mpmcl/Projects/Bison
PATH: Flex/bison-1.875/tests
PATH: /usr/bin

You seem to have made the unfortunate mistake of using a ':' in a
directory name.  This is seen as a path separator, so the 'tests'
directory (which has a wrapper script for bison) isn't actually
in PATH.  As a result, the next best bison (the one in /usr/bin)
is used.
Rename the 'Bison:Flex' directory and things should work.