Re: Bison failure - shift/reduce conflicts

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Bison failure - shift/reduce conflicts
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:08:41 +0100

You are not supposed to use styled text in GNU lists; please respect that.

Your attached email note formally prohibits people from replying. So please
resend your email without such a note.

On 2004/11/19 18:21, address@hidden at
address@hidden wrote:

Good morning GNUrus,

I'm trying to compile Kerberos on a Sun box running 2.7. At this time,
upgrade of the OS isn't an option, so I'm patching and installing tools as
fast as I can.
Unfortunately, I've run in to a problem with Bison and some shift/reduce
errors. I'm also not a programmer, so I'm unsure how to even begin to repair
this problem. Here is the output I'm getting from make.

making all in lib/kadm5/unit-test...
making all in krb524...
making all in kdc...
making all in kadmin...
making all in kadmin/cli...
bison -y  getdate.y
conflicts: 4 shift/reduce
*** Signal 13
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `getdate.c'
Current working directory /krb5-1.3.5/src/kadmin/cli
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recurse'
Current working directory /krb5-1.3.5/src/kadmin
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recurse'

Any suggestions? Would additional information be helpful? If so, what?

Thank you for your time
--
Ryan Worthington
Systems and Network Analyst

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended solely for the named  addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient please inform us. Any unauthorised
dissemination, distribution or copying hereof is prohibited.
As we cannot guarantee the  genuineness or completeness of
the information contained in this message, the statements
set forth above are not legally binding.